Botanical Name: Peperomia
Common Name: Pepper Elder, Shining Bush Plant, and Man to Man
Peperomia belong to one of the largest plant families, "Piperaceae" or colloquially known as the "pepper family". Primarily, these plants are located in the tropics or subtropics of Northern, Central, and Southern America. There are about 1,500 recorded species and even more are currently being added!
Many species of Peperomia are epiphytes. They can even grow on rotting wood to absorb nutrients! These plants have thick leaves to retain water, and some people categorize succulents with Peperomia because of the similarity in leaves and care. Peperomia are quite unique and are pretty easy to care for!
Peperomia at a Glance:
- Protect from temperature fluctuations such as cold draft from vents and doors
- Does not require humidity
- Medium to bright (indirect light)
- Water when top 3/4 of soil is dry
Armed with a little knowledge, Peperomia are a joy to have!
Struggling with your Peperomia?
Feel free to reach out to us anytime! We're happy to troubleshoot what your plant needs!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @urbansproutsstore
This listing is for the plant only. Planters and accessories not included.