Website is new and under construction - check back regularly for updates!

Urban Sprouts

Philodendron Moonlight

Sturdy | Bright | Rewarding

Moonlight Philodendron are a virbrant striking member of the Philodendron family. New growth on this large leaved variety grow in a bright neon or chartreuce green and will age to a green nearly as flashy! The easygoing nature of this plant makes it a great addition for any space with indirect light or for caretakers with busy schedules!

Like most members of the Philodendron family this plant has beautiful glossy leaves, grows quickly, can climb or trail (although this variety can live the first several years of its life as an attractive shrub and in your home will often not exceed the height of 3'), and is forgiving of both watering and light conditions. Housed in a lower light condition Philodendron will adjust and grow smaller leaves, but will generally carry on as usual.

 

Lighting: Ambient to bright indirect (brighter light will help create larger and brighter leaves. Protect your moonlight from direct light, they are particularly prone to sunburn)

Water: Allow soil to dry ~1-2" between waterings, high humidity is not needed for growth but will result in larger leaves and faster growth! Use a mister, humidifier, or keep under glass for easy humidity control.

Soil/Potting: Plant in a well draining soil in a container with a drainage hole and made of slightly porous material like ceramic or sealed concrete. Repot annually or when plant exhibits discoloration without the presence of any mis-watering habits

Fertilize: Monthly with bacterial inoculant recommended for steady growth and to promote richer coloration in the foliage

Temperature: Room temp (55-85 degrees is ideal), protect from harsh fluctuations in temperature particularly in the winter

Toxicity: Contain small amounts of calcium oxalate, ingestion may result in slight discomfort in the mouth or stomach. Ingestion of a large volume of plant matter or have a particuar sensitivity may experience gastrointestinal distress (from one end or the other) but is rarely serious. Always consult your vet/Dr. if your pet/child has ingested plant matter and exhibits any symptoms.

 

Got plant questions? Get in touch - we'd be glad to help!